Saturday, July 12, 2014

Currently; July 2014



It's mid July. My 30th birthday is this month. I haven't quite figured out how I feel about that. I mean, it definitely feels real, but also very surreal. On the one hand, I feel like I'm already 30, and on the other I ways thought of 30 as being old. Why is that? 30 isn't old. That's dumb.

Currently, I'm...

Reading...
I just plowed through the entire Divergent series. It's a fun read. I have to say, I liked Hunger Games better as far as dystopian femme hero young adult lit goes, but still. Fun. ;)

Watching...
Nothing on live TV. Ha. I only caught a few snippets of the world cup games on TV at the gym. We started watching Sons of Anarchy last week. Most nights we'll watch an episode or two.

Listening to...
I'm bored with music. I listened to the Hair soundtrack a week or so again. That was magical. I sang What A Piece of Work is Man and Good Morning Starshine to the babe. It was fun. Then I proceeded to have the former stuck in my head for the rest of the day. It was kind of great, actually.

Struggling with...
Same ol' same ol'. Except my organs are feeling especially squished lately. It's very uncomfortable, almost to the point of painful some days

Inspired by...
This little human, mostly.

My workouts are...
Varietal? Is that a word that can be used when not applied to wines? I've been taking spin and barre and prenatal yoga and boxing. Anything and everything. On the days I feel good, I feel great and on the days I am tired, the workouts totally kick my ass and I feel dead to the world.

Eating...
Tacos. Toast. Strawberries with whipped cream. Smoothies. Greek Yogurt. Pop Tarts. Not a lot of veggies, I'm ashamed to say. I need to get back on the veggie train. I'm trying.

Planning...
Repairs mostly. There's been some drama 'round these parts pertaining to a mysterious leak in our garage. We're planning and coordinating repairs and such. I get to take a backseat now, which is nice. Let other people figure it out. I would just really like the mystery puddle to stop showing up
On the positive, there's a big family vacation planned for next June (my grandparent's 60th anniversary) and we've all agreed on a location! FINALLY! There are about 25 of us, so agreeing on a locale was a big deal. Hubs and I used our trump card anywhere we didn't want to worry about travelling to with a 6 month old.

Teaching...
My Monday class is cancelled indefinitely. At least for the summer - people just stopped coming. My other classes are doing great though. Tuesday and Thursday are really picking up and I've got some regulars who make me smile.

What are you upto?

No comments:

Post a Comment