Thursday, July 31, 2014

30x30; See the Golden Gate Bridge in Person

For my big 3-0, I planned a trip to San Francisco for my honey and I. We would do as many ridiculous touristy activities as we possibly could in one long weekend.

Part of the reason for this was because I had two specific to San Francisco items I wanted to check off of my list; see the Giants play the Dodgers and see the Golden Gate Bridge in person.

Though I'd been to San Francisco before - and even walked along areas you can typically see the bridge from - it had always been too cloudy to actually see the Golden Gate Bridge from where I was standing, so I told the hubs I wanted to see it, and he made it happen. He did one better, actually. He wanted us to walk across it.

It was a beautiful day in SF and we walked all the way from the Financial District up to North Beach to get to the bridge. My feet were killing me.


We look a lot of breaks to rest our toeses.

But after a few hours of strolling and breaking and snacking, we made it, and walked 1/3rd of the way across before deciding that was good enough and heading back.

Bridge selfie!

Windswept bridge selfie series

View looking over the Bay. We lucked out. It was some beautiful weather.

and look! That tiny black dot is a seal.


No comments:

Post a Comment