Friday, July 11, 2014

30x30; Make Grape Leaves

I made tabouli a while back. It came out bad, so I shared the fact that I did it and I did not share the recipe... because it tasted like salt. 

I will not be sharing the recipe here either. #sorrynotsorry

These are delicious, but I feel like some things are sacred, and so... I do feel a little bad for not sharing our family's stuffed grape leaf making technique. Not that bad though. 

This was an item on my 30x30 list. I wanted to make grape leaves by myself... but you know what sounded cooler when it got down to it? Making them with the grape leaf making pro, herself, my Grandma Zackie. 

My cousin Paige and I met at our grandparents' house two Fridays ago to learn from the best and help in any way we could. 


Grandma showed us how much of each kind of meat she put in, and how she preferred to peel garlic. (I like my way better)

We threw everything into a big bowl and Paige was awarded the honor of smooshing it all together. 



And then we rolled...


Mine were too fat and Paige's were little teeny tiny ones. We washed our hands and took a selfie break.



Grandma tetris'd the grape leaves into the pressure cooker.

And we covered them and put them away to be cooked at the family gathering the next day. 

Not the best picture of me, but I didn't want to be a pain. 

Grandma managed putting the pressure cookers on the stove the next day without our help. ;)

And the grape leaves were all eaten and enjoyed. None left to take home and eat the next day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment