Monday, August 25, 2014

Kitchen Adventures; Mango Tahini Wrap



Happy Monday! I plan on having this delicious wrap for lunch today, so I thought it was time to give it a little share.

There's a place between my office and the freeway called Hugo's. There are actually 12 miles between my office and the freeway, but that's neither here nor there. I've only actually eaten in the restaurant once, but after I had this one wrap from their menu, I started picking it up on my way to or from work and eating it at home or my desk. It's so good, I decided I had to try and make it for myself.

It's totally vegetarian - light, crunchy, spicy and delicious. I was craving one for weeks before I finally had a chance to pick one up for lunch a little while back.

Then for a week I hoarded random ingredients in my house, buying one at a time until I accumulated everything... because the same store couldn't possibly carry jicama AND spinach tortillas. That would be ridiculous.


The reason I ordered this wrap in the first place is because of those first two words; Mango. Tahini.
Which is really ridiculously easy to make.

Mango Tahini
1/2 a medium mango, cut into chunks
1/2 cup of tahini
1 Tbsp lime juice

Blend until smooth. Add lime juice to get the flavor and consistency you like. Mine was very thick.
I used the little food processor attachment for my immersion blender. It worked perfectly. You can use a blender, food processor, magic bullet, whatever you like.





Jalapeno Dressing
1/4 cup grape seed oil
1/4 cup jarred jalapeno slices
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp mayonnaise (you can skip the mayo if you want. I added it in at the last second because the dressing needed "something" and it ended up being perfect)

Blend until smooth in your favorite blending/processing device. ;)



FOR THE WRAP! (check out my precise measurements)
1 Spinach tortilla
Small handful of julienned jicama
Small handful of julienned carrots
Small handful of julienned snow peas
Small handful of chopped kale
Small handful of chopped arugula (original recipe called for watercress, but I was sick of looking for watercress)
About 1/2 of a small tomato, chopped (I used a green heirloom tomato)
Half a small avocado - peeled, pitted, and cubed.
2 Tbsp mango tahini
2 Tbsp jalapeno dressing.

Toss your julienned veggies, tomato and greens in the jalapeno dressing. Set aside. Spread the mango tahini in a line down/across the center of your tortilla. Add as much of your veggie mixture as you like or will fit. Top with avocado and roll it up like a burrito.

Eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment