Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Seven Day of Yoga; Week 34

Wednesday morning I taught mommy & baby. We had some new faces, which was really nice. I love new faces in all my classes, but meeting new babies is especially special. After a really exhausting day working for a half hour then going to the beach and getting a pedicure, I took a 45 minute nap on the couch and got up for Cardio Belly Dance at 730. In case you were wondering, yes, pregnant women can totally belly dance - but some moves don't work - like sucking my belly in. Ha! Hip rolls and shimmies are totally possible though, and I actually had a lot of fun!

Thursday I taught a lot of yoga. This was my last two-a-day teaching for a while. AM at the gym and PM at the studio, followed by a rescheduled yoga sesh with my girlfriend. We're working out how to get yoga into the schedule while her little one transitions from 3 to 2 naps. It was an exhausting day, but it ended up being pretty great. My yoga practice was simple but good, and I felt pretty good about the classes I taught too.

Friday morning I got up before the hubs to teach restorative yoga at one of the local gyms. It's really more of a gentle yoga class than a restorative class. I did 80% of the class, only walking around to check form a little bit and sitting to observe and instruct every now and then, but that was my workout for the day. After work I met up with my mom to look at baby furniture.

Saturday morning, another Jenny and I had a yoga date. I think I am drawn to people named Jennifer. Though its such common name in my generation, its not surprising. ANYWAY, we took Power Yoga first thing in the morning and it was hard. It was a really simple class, but the instructor, Jonathan, challenged us with some really long holds, and a lot of changing poses without changing much about your stance. So we'd end up on the right leg with the back heal lifted for a long time.

Sunday morning I got up early again, this time to teach. Immediately after teaching, I put on my shoes, wraps and gloved for an hour of power boxing. I don't hit as hard as I used to, but I still work my butt off. Later in the day I took prenatal yoga. I almost didn't get to go because my great uncle was in town for the day and my grandma wanted everyone who could to come by for lunch... right when class was supposed to start, so I went by early, so I could still make it to class. Prenatal yoga is still very strange to me. It has (obviously) a very different energy than the regular yoga flow classes I take and teach, but I am really enjoying it. I like having the same group of women there every week and connecting with them about all kinds of things. It's like our little club.

Monday night ended up being a mellow night in. No official exercise. My mom and I went to Costco and picked up the dresser/changer for the baby's room. Everyone kept trying to take the cart away from me to push, but it was super easy to push, so I was getting annoyed. I didn't volunteer to load it in the car or anything, but I was capable of pushing it around on a flat. Sheesh. We ran some other errands that ended up taking most of the afternoon, and by the time I got home, I was pretty tired, so I did a little bit of organizing in soon-to-be Thor's room and I finished the quilt I was making for him.

Tuesday night I was back at Power Yoga (after teaching Vinyasa Flow, of course). Every week is harder than the last. I did have a relatively easy time floating up into handstand though. I did some shoulder work while I was up there - working on pulling in and out of the shoulder girdle. I took a lot of breaks, but ultimately did everything except the ab section, which I just plain skipped and the lotus section, which I swapped out for camel.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment