Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 33



Wednesday night I took my friend's METCON3 class. I'd taken it once before pre-pregnancy and it was tough then, so I was a little worried it would be to hard for me now since my energy has plummeted so much - especially lately. I need to take all the breaks. I was proud of myself. I did most of the class. I skipped a lot of the jumping around stuff (stepped instead) because it didn't feel right for my belly, and I mostly just laid on my back during the ab section because... counter-intuitive. I can have rock hard abs later.

Thursday was a full day of yoga. I taught in the morning and the local gym. Then I taught again in the afternoon at the studio, and right after that I went to my parents' and did yoga with my mom and a few of her friends.  It was all day yoga. It was exhausting (because I still had to go to work in the middle), but it was also pretty great.

Friday night I scrambled to get back to the Valley in time for the 6pm Bollywood fit dance class. I was a little worried at first. The class was kind of off to a weird start. I didn't know it would be so choreography based. I'm an okay dancer, but I'm terrible with choreography. So, I was a little put off, but as the class kept going, I got more and more comfortable. I ended up getting a really great workout - especially my quads, which were screaming in soreness the rest of the weekend.

Saturday I took the day off. It was a really lame day. We went to the farmers market in the morning, but on top of my allergies blowing up - no nose breathing allowed, plus stinging eyes and a headache - the heat was brutal. The air wasn't so hot - it was being in direct sunlight that made my whole body hurt. I hid inside with the air conditioner the rest of the day. No fresh air didn't help, but being outside sounded awful. I even wished I'd taken a parasol when I took Panda outside to relieve herself.

Sunday morning I kind of felt like I needed to make up for my lack of exercise the day before, so I got up and went to boxing in the morning. Then followed it up with prenatal yoga after lunch.

Monday night we had to cancel yoga again. We were sad, but sometimes babies don't nap and you just gotta roll with the punches. Instead I went to the gym with my hubby. I just hung out on the treadmill mostly. I managed to run a mile. After walking the rest of the half hour on the treadmill, I messed around with the settings on the recumbent bike (so as to not knee myself in the stomach) and biked for 20 minutes.

Tuesday night I tried a class called Dancehall Fit Sexy. It was kinda fun. I wish I'd gone with friends. It was a lot of ass shaking. Would have been better if I'd had some friends to giggle with. The teacher was kinda of "meh" and not flexible in terms of what we were doing in class. The routine was very right leg heavy and someone asked if we could work the other side to balance out and she said something about needing it to work with the "choreo", so we really didn't work the left side. She got raised eyebrows from me, but the class was still fun.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment