Monday, April 29, 2013

Catalina; Summer 2013

For months and months I've been whining around the house about how I want to go on vacation. I want to go places, do things, adventure anywhere and everywhere. 
Hubs brought up a while back that he and his family used to vacay to Catalina Island, and I realized that despite having been a native SoCal resident, I had never been there. 
So early this year we planned it - originally for the first weekend after tax day, but other commitments forced us to change it to the last weekend in April. Then off we went, on our first weekend getaway of 2013

Our first morning there, we slept in and then ventured down the beach for beer, nachos, and a stunning view of the beach.

We also pretty majorly stuffed ourselves with candy and ice cream. 




And did a little walking adventuring before deciding to get in a quick kayak rental before they closed for the day.



Despite my relatively new fear of being out on small vessels in the middle of the ocean - breathing through mild panic attacks is key - I managed to have a little bit of fun out on the ocean. I'm pretty sure I didn't even ruin in for T. 

Post-kayaking, we headed back to the hotel to dry off and lounge a bit before heading back out on the town.
Just before dinner time, we took another walk down to Descanso Beach.

I was inspired by a friend who showed off her tree pose at the Grand Canyon, so I had to show her how it's done. ;)

And look at how beautiful the walk back was!


We settled in for dinner at a small Italian place on the corner.


And may have maybe possibly overdone it on the wine and pasta.


That night we were in bed on the early side, and back up early on Sunday morning for breakfast and a relaxing stroll. 


All in all it was a wonderful weekend. Now back for working off all the extra calories...

No comments:

Post a Comment