Sunday, April 14, 2013

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 15



Sunday! I did nothing.

Monday Panda and I went on a nice long walk and discovered new parts of our neighborhood we hadn't really appreciated before. There's some nice stuff on the other side of the river.

Tuesday I was feeling slothy, so I knew I needed to kick it up a notch, but when I got home from work I had a nasty headache. So, I took some excedrin, sauteed a bowl of brussel sprouts and made ravioli to freeze for later. When it was time to clean up, I plugged in my iPod and - since I was feeling better - danced as I cleaned the kitchen. Not just toe-tapping and hip shaking. I may or may not have looked like I belonged in one of the old ipod commercials.

Wednesday I managed to get to the gym on the late side and run 3 miles. I actually ran my fastest mile since middle school, which I was pretty proud of - 8 minutes and 37 seconds. Woot. I was sprinting. I usually run about a 10 minute mile.

Thursday I taught my class again. I thought I would head back to the gym after my class, but I had another headache. It's the weather and my allergies. Erg. I wish we could all just be friends. My class somehow ended up going great though. WHAT A CHALLENGE! One of my students had very limited mobility in her ankles - she couldn't even do down dog - so I had to completely revise how I thought about class. We spent a lot of time stretching on the floor, but I was able to incorporate some modified balance poses for her. It was such a great opportunity for me to learn more about how to teach students with limited mobility.

Friday I was feeling like I needed to make up for my lack of exercise throughout the week... but I didn't. I had a plan to go to the gym and run, but T was worn out from his first week at the new job and I didn't have the motivation to go to the gym without him.

Saturday we managed to get out and play tennis for a little bit. We brought Panda to the courts and she had SO much fun. We had two balls out and she would have one, and the other one cornered, and not know which one she should be going for. I almost fell down laughing. A little later I took the pictures for my pose breakdown this week and then went to teach my Saturday class. I had my first pregnant student, which was so much fun. Then I came home and did about a half hour of yoga flow in my private studio aka bedroom.

I also didn't eat very well this week. Lots of ice cream and candy around. The ice cream is gone so I don't have to worry about avoiding that this coming week, but I think it's time to stock up on low-cal popsicles to have for dessert now that it's finally warming up - except for today, wtf cloudiness?

How was your week? Did you get out and exercise more than I did?

No comments:

Post a Comment