Thursday, September 12, 2013

Currently; September 2013



Currently, I'm...

Reading...
Whelp, I finished the final Sookie Stackhouse book. As I told my girlfriend, everything gets tied up in a neat little bow in the end. I have a couple of paperbacks that I'm trying to get back into. Namely, Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters and To Kill a Mockingbird. Why these two? Well, I've already read all the Percy Jackson books for a fun easy read a thousand summers ago, but they just released the Sea of Monsters movie and I'd like to read it real quick before we go see it. I picked it back up earlier this week. Hopefully I don't get bored rereading... you know, since I already read it. As for To Kill a Mockingbird... well, that's leftover from my days of not doing the "required" reading in high school. I read about half of it last summer, but my husband cringes every time he's reminded I haven't read it. 

Watching...
Dexter is almost over forever. I am so sad about this. True blood is over, and if the gossip mill is correct, next season will be it's final season. I haven't actually looked into this, but I can say it's about time. That show has jumped about 11 sharks. Ray Donovan is getting good... FINALLY! The season is almost over, but now I actually care what happens next. Also, the addition of James Woods is a total win. I loved watching the interaction between his character and Jon Voight's. 
Big sis says I NEED to watch Orange is the New Black. Maybe someday I'll join the cool kids club there. 


Listening to... 
Alie & Georgia...like crazy.  I just started listening to them a week or so ago and I am tearing through their archived episodes. I have to make sure I reserve some so I can download them and put them on my ipod for the flight to HAWAII later this month. 
Also, my new favorite running song is So Good by B.o.b.. I know it's been around for a while, but when I'm on mile 11 and need some motivation, this song just makes me want to dance. AND I DID. 

Struggling with...
Oh, my legs! I'm trying to figure out how to safely return to exercise without doing further damage to my already crying joints and hamstrings. Luckily, with yoga, I know my body well enough not to push myself too hard, but that's the real struggle, isn't it? Wanted to do what my body has been able to do in the past? It takes some real yoga mentality to remind myself that I am how I am today and not to judge. 

Eating...
Super minimal carbs. So sandwiches, toast, cookies, cakes, muffins - all out of my diet at the moment. It's driving me nuts. I have two almost full boxes of crackers in the pantry and home. I'm not planning on letting them go to waste. After we get back from our bathing suit clad Hawaiian vacay, I plan to let myself have some of my favorite carby foods now and then, but definitely on a limited basis. 

Planning...
Mostly I'm just thinking about my suitcase for my Hawaiian getaway. I ordered about a thousand bathing suits online and now that I've tried them all on, it's time to return the ones that don't fit. 

Excited for...
All of the guest posters I've got planned for while I'm away. This is my first foray into having people guest post on my blog. I really think you all are going to love these AMAZING women. I'm so proud and honored that they want to be a part of my little ol' blog. 

Teaching...
Anything and everything I can.  I even taught a power yoga class within hours of finishing my half marathon... because I'm crazy. I taught at a special event last night, yoga in the park earlier this week, and I've got some really exciting stuff coming up! 

Inspired by...
My parents. Last weekend was their 34th wedding anniversary. They are amazing. My honey and I are about to celebrate our 2nd anniversary, which is pretty wonderful. 

What are you up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment