Monday, September 16, 2013

My First Stitchfix



After hearing all over the blogosphere about Stitchfix, and because I do most of my shopping online anyway (ain't nobody got time to go the store and try things on), I decided to give it a try. Let someone else shop for me, dangit.

I tried it mostly out of curiosity. I wanted to see if it was possible, based on the style profile they put together for me, for someone else to shop for me and for me to actually like what they picked out.

I decided to have my first Stitchfix delivered the Monday after I ran my half marathon. I thought I might feel skinny that day - not really thinking about all the carbs I would inhale after I finished. Who knew I would be so completely famished after running 13.1 miles!?

Not important.


For anyone not in the know, I'm gonna do a quick breakdown of how it works. You go to their website, sign up and complete your style profile. They ask a whole slew of questions to get to know you, your style, and your body type. Then when you're ready to try it, you pick the day, pay $20, your personal stylist picks things out just for you and they send you a box with 5 items - tops, jeans, jewelry, accessories, dresses. You can choose what types of items you'd prefer and, if you're looking something specific, leave your request in the notes/comments.
Once you receive your fix, you try everything on and decide what you want to keep. They take the $20 you already paid off of whatever you're keeping, and you send the rest back in a prepaid pack. Easy peasy. If you decide to keep everything, you get 25% off everything in the box.


For my first fix, I specifically requested tops - comfy, layerable, multifunction tops that can be dressed down for my super casual Malibu office environment or dressed up for a night out with my hubby, accounting for the 15 degree temperature difference between the 'Bu and the Valley.

So, comfy, multifunctional tops are exactly what I got. When I opened the box and saw these fabrics, I wanted to swim in them. So pretty and so soft and SO me.

#1 I loved the fabric, but it was way too boxy and I didn't love the super high neckline.



#2 I was really excited about this one because I've never had the guts to buy myself a top with a cinched waist. This was a real contender, but I decided against it because I didn't want to spend that much money without getting the 25% discount - since I already knew I wasn't buying everything in the box.



#3 This was the lone cardigan in the box. I LOVED the fabric. So soft and cozy. I loved the oversized hood. I decided to send this one back because I feel like I have too many sweaters like it already.


#4 I knew before I even put this on that I was keeping it. It was EXACTLY what I wanted. Super light weight and soft. I feel like I can wear it with anything - skirts, jeans, with or without jewelry - a total win.



and finally, #5 Super comfy and surprisingly flattering for a horizontal striped top. I love the neckline and the fitted sleeves. I wasn't sure how much wear I'd get out of it while it's still crazy hot in SoCal, but I decided to go for it. It'll cool down soon, right?



What do you think? Have you tried Stitchfix? If you're thinking about trying Stitchfix, please please use my link. It would be like Christmas for me. For reals, it's a unique referral code that earns me rewards if you sign up and schedule a fix. Yay for transparency! I am so happy I tried Stitchfix, and I'm so excited to get another box of surprises! For now, I got what I needed and I'm set for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment