Monday, November 12, 2012

30 X 30; Make Tabbouleh



I made TABBOULEH! Yaaaay! This was on my list of 30 things to do before I turn 30.

I'm all about honesty here. Do not follow the recipe I did for tabbouleh. It calls for 2 teaspoons of salt.

Seriously? I should have known better. Salt is a major ruiner for me. I barely like it to begin with, and then when there is too much. Bleh. Gross.

I will make tabbouleh again, but I am for sheezy (just said that) going to talk to my Jiddo first. For my non-middle- eastern descendant readers, that's my grandpa, and I really should have talked to him first, but I thought, "I have this book. Should be easy peasy"

It's a salad, so yes, it's easy, but if you grew up with a tabbouleh made this very specific way, and then you go and try and make it some other way and think it's going to taste roughly the same, you are in for a world of disappointment.

So, I made tabbouleh, which I like to spell "tabouli" because it's more fun that way. It didn't work out great.

But I made it. Successes and failures... at least I learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment