Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Day After Halloween!





We don't get trick-or-treaters at our house. It's okay, I guess. It doesn't hurt my feelings. Our house is small and well hidden.

I didn't do anything distinctly Halloweeny yesterday. There are three people at my office, so dressing up didn't seem like a good idea.

Hubs has been super stressed out about work, which is a bummer.

I got home from work yesterday, ate too much banana bread and Halloween candy, and resigned myself to the couch, where I ended up folding laundry, tired, and depressed.

Knowing full well that this would not do, a little after 8pm, I managed to get off the couch, walk up into the dining room, lay out my yoga mat, and put in the Plyocide DVD from P90X2.

I have not been so good about challenging myself with cardio/full body workouts. Yoga can be exhausting, but there's no running or jumping, so it's not an activity that causes a lot of folks to get winded. So, this was the first time in a while that I attempted a P90X2 workout. Not sure exactly why I picked one of the hardest ones, but I did, and my body told me so multiple times throughout.

It killed me. Killed. I had to use the pause button THREE TIMES last night. That's unheard of for me. I am a power-through-it type of girl, but when I finished, I was overwhelmed by the kind of exhaustion that only subsides when you say to yourself, "I did it."

I hopped in and out of the shower, threw on the comfiest t-shirt I could find, and rejoined my husband on the couch feeling a thousand times better. I don't even remember what we watched. It doesn't matter.

The moral of this story is, if you have time for a workout and a shower. Do it.

Some other random happiness from yesterday:

They finally replaced our skylight! It was broken before I went to Florida last month, so it took them just under a month.

I planned when I'm doing my juice cleanse for my 30 X 30.

I won a Harry & David gift basket from A Spicy Perspective! I may hoard it all to myself. I haven't decided yet.

Major Panda snuggles last night. She was all up in our faces. Nonstop hug & bite fest.


No comments:

Post a Comment