Thursday, November 15, 2012

Reminder To Be Thankful


I needed a moment this morning. For the last 36 hours or so I've been in a major funk. I hoped making a quick detour to the ocean would help me clear my jumbled slightly depressing thoughts. It did, but I'm still working on shaking off the funk.

I read too much into things. If a friend doesn't text me back fast enough I think "maybe they don't think I'm as good a friend to them as they are to me. Am I a bad friend? Did I do this to myself?" It's bad (and ridiculous, I know). I have to remind myself that just because I don't have a lot of friends doesn't mean that the ones I have aren't amazing and don't love me as much as I love them. We're grown ups. We have lives and are too busy for each other sometimes. It sucks, but it's real.

So, I'm turning this around. Right now, as I write this, I am shaking it off. Maybe not literally as that would be difficult.

Thanksgiving is exactly one week from today. I'm a little stressed out about it. Maybe that's where all this is coming from. Anyway, November is supposed to be all about being Thankful. Some things I'm thankful for today, in particular, are friends.

Dear best friends (including sisters and momma),
I love you and I am grateful that I have you. Thank you for meeting me for coffee and pedicures and talking about silly movies and puppy dogs with me. Thank you for hugs and for laughter. You are the best.

Now I can focus on cleaning my house for when my inlaws come up next weekend... because that mess, that mess is a whole different kind of animal. For real.




No comments:

Post a Comment