Thursday, November 29, 2012

Holiday Spirit


It's the holidays now - for real.

Halloween, Thanksgiving... over. I'm ready for Christmas and New Years and pretending it's snowing outside when it's barely 60 degrees.

Sunday after Thanksgiving, Tim brought the tree up from the garage and I got started decorating.


I love the holidays. Yes, gift giving can get expensive, but I love the smells, sounds, and tastes of the holidays - and how can you not love twinkling lights?


Here are some of my favorite things about the holidays...

The Movies

Miracle on 34th Street
White Christmas
Charlie Brown Christmas
Elf
Scrooged
Love, Actually







and my husband will be very disappointed if I don't include Die Hard on this list.

The Music

Donde Esta Santa Claus - Augie Rios
Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth - Bing Crosby and David Bowie (Watch this)


Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt
Christmas Song - Alvin & the Chipmunks
Things I Want - Tenacious D & Sum 41
Happy Christmas - John Lennon

The Food

Peppermint bark - last year I made it myself. Definitely on my to-do list this year.
Hot cocoa
Gingerbread
Mamoul


Eggnog
Rice Pudding - also totally on my to-do list.

Everything I've listed here never fails to make me smile. That's why I decided to make have my Be Happy Link Up post be about getting ready for the holidays. My Christmas songs are all over the place, but how can you not love to listen to Augie Rios wonder through song where Santa is? Come on!?
I am really ready to go make and eat some mamoul right now. Let's make this happen.

What are some of your holiday favorites?


No comments:

Post a Comment