Sunday, December 8, 2013

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 49



Sunday I went on a pretty decent hike with my mom and my sister. It was about an hour and a half, but I don't know exactly how far we went. I wore my heart rate monitor, so I know I burned just over 400 calories.

Monday I was exhausted. No reason for it either - just freaking tired. I think I wore myself out emotionally over stupid stuff. By the end of the day, I was fine, but still not motivated to go to the gym, so I did some pushups and situps, some free weights in the living room. Not a huge workout, but at least it was something. I even did some yoga in front of my Christmas tree. :)

Tuesday I jogged - like I'd told myself I would do on Monday, but was too tired. I only did 3 miles. I was kinda in a funky mood, plus I had a little cramping in my right ribs, so I didn't do 4 miles like I'd planned. I decided that I definitely needed to get back outside and run so I could just go at a natural pace and stop when I get where I'm going, not when I just don't feel like it anymore.

Wednesday! Power Yoga! I needed it after I neglected to stretch after my run on Tuesday. My IT band was going cray-zay. Unfortunately, yoga did not solve all of my problems. There are only so many poses that target that part of your leg and if there is one spot that's killing you, you may not get to it in a led class.

Let's talk about Thursday though - for reals. I put a gym bag together for myself on Wednesday night. Deodorant, hair goop, makeup and a change of clothes. I got up at 6:15, put on my workout clothes and trotted downstairs to drive my butt out to the Bu for my planned 6 mile run. Panda was pumped. It was a day to play at, her friend, Blue's house. AND THEN...
... the garage door motor was busted. I went downstairs to open the garage to *click*click* instead of the sound of the garage door opening. The next hour was spent making phone calls and sending texts. Our garage door mechanism is so old, the lever is stuck so someone stronger than I am needed to unstick it. Tim's installing a new motor this weekend, but Thursday morning I had to call my parents to come pick me up so I could borrow their car to get to work. No jogging for me... and kind of a big chunk of money to spend on a new garage door motor. Happy Christmas. Life. Happening.

Friday I cleaned my house... because it was a huge freaking mess. I don't even know how it happened, but I was overwhelmed by it, so I cleaned it.

and Saturday I ran in the Santa Monica to Venice Christmas Run 10K. It went great and I am super happy. I'll have a whole separate post about that.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment