Friday, April 18, 2014

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 15



Wednesday (P90X Day 28) was kind of a weird day. It was supposed to be a rest day (according to P90X). I had a doctors appointment in the morning after I taught my class, and then had to go back to the lab to have a thousand (normal) tests run after work, so the extent of my exercise was teaching my class - which was good bit of exercise - lots of ab work, planks, and squats, so I feel good about it. It's just strange for me to have that be my only workout.

Thursday (P90X Day 29) was the first day of Phase 2, which introduces new workouts. When I got home from work and teaching, I started Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. It was haaaaard. My arms were so tired when I finished and I got a really great calorie burn considering I was mostly weight lifting.

Friday (P90X Day 30) was back to Plyometrics... womp womp. I remember this the first time around - getting bored with Plyo and wanting to go do something else! Le sigh. Oh well, I powered through it when I got home from work. I'm still not jumping very high and I'm stepping through for a lot of the moves, but that will happen when you do modified everything for 2 weeks. Can't just jump back in at full speed.

Saturday (P90X Day 31) I had to go to work, so I got up around 9 and did Back & Biceps while hubs went to the gym. I forgot how hard that workout is. It's a super low calorie burn compared to some of the other weight lifting workouts, but man, it is tough. So many curls.
I'm back to almost 100% doing Ab Ripper X. It felt so good to finally get some ab work in. Then the whole family piled into the car and headed out to the 'Bu so I could work for a couple hours. Then we went to the beach.

Sunday (P90X Day 32) I was able to go to my friend Chelsea's barre class. It's a tough class, but it's hard for me to make it work with my schedule, so I try to go whenever I can! After that, I was supposed to do yoga, but I just took Panda on a mini walk. I figured I got plenty of exercise earlier in the morning.

Monday (P90X Day 33) after a long day at work, I did yoga with my friend, Jenny, at her house. Then I went home and did P90X Legs & Back. It was late by the time I finished my workout, but I love the leg moves in Legs & Back, so it was woooorth it! It makes me feel strong.

Tuesday (P90X Day 34) was Kenpo X! It was also tax day, so I was super wiped out by the time I got home. I almost skipped my workout altogether, but decided to get up and do it. I'm glad that I did, but it really took a lot out of me.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment