Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Just for Fun; A Picnic in January

This past Saturday afternoon, we had a plan. We were going on an afternoon adventure to Venice, where we would explore and have dinner - had a reservation and everything. 

Then my honey proposed an idea. What if we... didn't? We could stay on our side of the hill and have a picnic. There would be wine and cheese and yummy snacks, and we could watch the sunset. 


What can I say, I'm a sucker for a picnic.

The sun is still setting pretty early - 5:18pm last Saturday - so we had to run out to the store around 3:30 to get out supplies. I also threw a bottle of white wine in the freezer for a couple of hours so it would be nice and cold by the time we packed up to go to the park.



It was such a beautiful day. Panda got to run around. My parents came out with their dogs and they all ran around and had a blast. 

By the time my parents left, Panda was perfectly content to sit with us and chew on her slobbery gross tennis ball. 






The sun actually set while we were facing away from it, but I turned around a couple times to snap some shots of the beautiful sky. 


Beautiful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment