Friday, January 24, 2014

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 3



Wednesday night I was back in power yoga. I wish I could take power yoga more often, but I also want to do pretty much everything on the planet and Wednesday nights are when yoga works best into my schedule. I had another excellent yoga practice this week - not quite as zen/amazing as last week, but another week of challenging poses, great breath control, lots of strength and flexibility.

Thursday night I taught my class, as usual, but earlier in the evening I had enough time to run through X2 Core. I had kind of a weird moment motivationally - thinking about how I can burn 300 calories in 30 minutes running and burn the same 300 in 50 minutes of X2 Core. It can be hard to rationalize, but I had to remind myself that all the core strength I was building would help me burn more calories resting, whereas running is mostly just an "easy" calorie burn. 

Friday I got up a little early and taught a morning class. Then I packed up my yoga gear so I could give Ashtanga another go-round. It went better. Perhaps because there were a lot of beginners in the class so I felt like I could just do what felt right for me and didn't feel pressured to wrap my arms around I don't even know, but it was good. No injuries. :P

Saturday morning I got up and went to antigravity yoga, which is still a blast. We didn't take pictures this time, but decided as a group that class was definitely harder this week. It's a good workout, but mostly its just fun, so I decided to go to the gym and run on the treadmill for a bit later in the afternoon. 3 miles. I also taught a private yoga lesson in the afternoon. 

Sunday would have been my last mommy & baby class on the weekend, but since I had made the announcement that we were moving it to Wednesday, everyone changed their plans to come on Wednesday. So I met my honey at the gym and went to boxing. Whooo!

Monday morning was my first weekday morning class at the studio. It feels so great to finally have my own flow class on the schedule. That night I went over to my friend's house for a private yoga lesson. I was able to do most of the practice with her, which was really nice. So I managed to get in some exercise that day. I have the coolest job, by the way. It's the freaking best.  

Tuesday night I was back at boxing. Lot's of boxing lately. When I bought the groupon for this place I didn't think I'd be able to go on Sundays for a while, but now since we moved my class to Wednesday, I'm getting in boxing twice a week. I partnered with a giant and very strong person this week. He really challenged me. It was cool. Forced me to pay attention and land my punches.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment