Monday, January 13, 2014

January Cure; Week 2



We're wrapping up the second week of the January Cure!

This is what's left on my list and where I stand with them:

Living Room
Replace the front door knob/handle (in progress)
Replace the garage door knob (relies on the completion of the front door since we're just moving the knob)
Fix wobbly coffee table legs
Tile around the fireplace


Dining Room
Go through the random pile in the corner of the room (started 1/4, in progress)

Spare Bedroom
Sort through piles of papers
Tackle mystery baskets (sell off or donate Mark. overstock) (in progress)
Fix all the pants with split seems, missing buttons, etc. (DONE, also an item on my 30x30)
Just generally go through the whole room. (in progress)

Master Bedroom
Pull clothes to donate or throw out (in progress)
New bedside tables (went shopping this weekend)

Master Bathroom
Organize underneath the sinks
Mount the towel rack to the wall

AND, these are some of the things they had us tackle this week:

Set up an outbox - The only real problem I had with this task was having to designate a space for stuff I might want to get rid of.

Pick a project - Did I mention before that I'm just diving right into this? I already tackled two projects from my list - reupholstering the chairs and sorting through all our 2013 financial docs.

You may also notice I have already started to tackle a number of the remaining items on my list. Speaking of, I don't think I made a formal or official announcement about this since it wasn't really a big deal, BUT I'm no longer a mark. rep. They were swallowed up by Avon and I didn't want to make the switch, so I'm finito, BUT I still have a box of brand new mark products I don't need or want (I have too much as it is), so I'm selling it off. I have an album on facebook listing everything and how much I'm asking for them (hint: cheap) Check it out if you're interested. :D I take items down as they are sold.

Choose a piece of art to frame - My painting of Panda is not done yet. That's the only piece I'd want to hang.

Flowers, kitchen org, cleaning, make yourself a meal - The weekend projects are my favorite - maybe because they're an excuse to put out fresh flowers. I also liked this one because I've been getting kind of bored with our dinners lately... but we ended up eating dinner out all weekend (dinner with my fam on Saturday and Grandma's bday on Sunday)

I also did some major pruning/cleaning up in my garden/patio this weekend. It was getting pretty overgrown and kinda dead looking, so I pulled and pruned and watered and swept. It still needs some work, but that will come with time.

If you're working on any projects like this I'd love to hear about them. And if you're blogging about them, link to your blog so I can follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment