Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Kitchen Adventures; Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies



I almost called this post "Shut Up and Eat Your Cookies"... no lie.


And now to how these cookies came about...


We bought the giant bag of chocolate chips at Costco. I was enjoying an Abita.



We had about a half a cup of butterscotch morsels leftover from when I made scotchies...


Last Saturday at around 6pm, my honey not-so-subtly hinted that I should make cookies.
...and then he stole ALL of them. Caught in the act.

FIN.

Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies, inspired by Williams Sonoma

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temp
6 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup AP flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butterscotch morsels
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.
In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add in flour 1/2 cup at a time, mixing until incorporated each time. Add final 1/4 cup of flour with the baking soda, beat until evenly combined. Add vanilla, beat until combined.
Stir in chocolate chips and butterscotch morsels.

Evenly space heaping tablespoon size balls of cookie dough onto a baking sheet. I greased mine, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to.
Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment